Finally, Wix Blog Comments Without Signup!
Updated: Sep 8, 2019
Yesterday Wix unveiled a new blog feature that the community has been waiting impatiently for quite some time.
Now you can comment on blog posts anonymously without the need to sign up!
I received the news in an email after I voted for this feature to be created.
Anytime you participate in Wix's method of seeing what their users want, you will receive email notification if that feature is actually released.
Great way to stay updated on the features you are needing for your site so that you can add them as soon as they come out.
Wix has teamed up with a third party app from Uri Shaked that integrates with Wix blogs in order to allow you to have comments but there are some limitations.
You will only be allowed 10 comments per post and you will not receive any email notifications when someone leaves a comment unless you are willing to upgrade by paying $3.97 a month for a yearly subscription or $4.95 to go month to month.
In order to add the app so that you can receive anonymously comments, follow the steps below.
1. From your Wix editor, click on the my blog icon on the left-hand side menu.
2. Click on the "Blog Pages" tab on the inner menu and then select "Post Page" on the next menu.
3. Click on the actual post page in your editor and then click on the "Settings" icon.
4. Click on the "Display" tab on the left-hand side menu.
5. Scroll down and click on the "Recent Post and Comments" section.
6. Click to disable the "Show Comments" option.
7. Click on the "Add Apps" icon on the left-hand side menu of your editor.
8. Type in "comments" in the search bar and press enter.
9. Click on the "+ Add To Site" button next to the app.
10. Drag the app all the way to the bottom of the post below the Wix blog app.
After taking these steps you will have added the comment app to your blog and will almost be ready to start engaging with your audience but now you will need to set up the actual app.
1. Click on the app and click on the "Settings" icon
2. Click on the "Settings" tab on the left-hand side menu
3. Scroll down and click to enable the "Wix Blog mode" option
4. Click on the "Email is optional" option to enable anonymous commenting.
Now you will have the ability to receive anonymous comments from anyone who visits. They do still have to put in some kind of name but they don't have to go through an official sign up process now.
Once they enter a name one time they will be able to continue to comment under this name unless they log themselves out.
The comments only show for the specific post that they are made on and you will not be able to see how many comments are made for each post while browsing through the "All post" category or any other blog feed on your site.
This is because the app is separate from the Wix blog app so the information is not included together.
Now that comments are allowed without signing in you have a better chance to create engaging post in your blogs without having an restrictions.
So try it out! Comment below and let me know how you feel about this new feature from Wix!
A major addition to the blogs, now all we need is to be able to link to within the blog....
Thanks for reading and I'll if you need any help setting up your blog sign up for a free, 10-minute Wix support session where we can identify your issues and get you moving in the right direction.